We had our second private scan this week. Much more in depth than the first one so gave me an opportunity to ask questions and take things in more easily.
The upshot is we still have two heartbeats pumping away. The other good news is that the hematoma seems to have gone on its merry way. See, I know how to spell it now that I’m not scared of what the interweb says about it.
We do have a concern though. Baby One is measuring ahead (8 weeks ish) with a heart rate of 156, Baby Two is measuring behind (6 weeks ish) with a heart rate of 140.
I’m not too concerned about the ahead/behind scenarios as I know only to well that things can change either way on a regular basis. I know the heart rates are fine too. What we are concerned about is the size of Baby Two’s sac. It is massively different than Baby One’s…probably about half the size, if not smaller.
So the worry is that the sac isn’t big enough to sustain the baby.
The doctor just said it’s a waiting game and that it could go either way. We are going back in 2 weeks to see how things are progressing.
In the meantime I will try not to stress. Yeah right.